Best of 2020 !
I wanted to take an important moment to thank all the music writers, blogs, tastemakers, fellow musicians, radio DJs, and Spotify playlist curators who included The Royal We on their year-end lists. Especially all the cool folks I’ve met through the Power Pop worldwide community that have been so supportive through the return of Dolour this last year! This gratitude extends to everyone who has shared a song through social media, played a song on a podcast, or helped spread the word in any way. Y’all have made my DIY dreams come true, and made this last year so much more bearable – and dare I say – enjoyable
Here’s the year-end lists that have been brought to my attention the last couple weeks. Some of these lists also include the “Written & Produced by Shane Tutmarc” collection, and even the December-released single “Televangelist” makes an appearance.
- #1 of 5 // Best Power Pop Albums of 2020 // Alt Country NL // The Netherlands
- #11 of Top 100 // Absolute Powerpop // Florida
- #13 of Top 60 // Power Pop Station // Brazil
- #24 of Top 70 // Yoshiyuki Morikawa // Japan
- Best Power Pop Songs of the Year: Yes and No // Sweet Sweet Music // The Netherlands
- #10 of Top 20 Songs: Yes and No // chili purchaser // Japan
- #25 (The Royal We) + #72 (Written & Produced by ST) of 250 // Favorite Albums of 2020 // Pablo Ferreyra // Argentina
- #22 of 75 // Best international albums // Skar PD, Música Desapercibida // Spain
- #62 (The Royal We) of Top 125 + #3 (Written & Produced by ST) of Top 4 Compilations // International Pop Overthrow // California
- Favorites of 2020 // Pop Songs Your New Boyfriend’s Too Stupid to Know About // Seattle
- Best of the Rest // Power Popaholic // New York
- Best Singles of 2020: Televangelist // Power Popaholic // New York